Caring for your Seldom Out Candle
It's a candle, you just light it right? That is true, but there are some other tips to get the best out of your SELDOM OUT candle.
- Trim the wick to 1/8-1/4 inch before lighting to ensure a safe flame height and long burn time.
- First use; settle in and keep that sucker lit until it has melted evenly all the way around. This will create your melt pool and will prevent tunneling in future burns.
- Always allow your candle to fully cool before relighting. For optimal performance we recommend allowing wax to reharden for 24 hours before lighting again.
- Before relighting pinch the wick or use wick clippers to remove the burned wood to 1/8 inch. This will allow for a safe flame height, free of flickering and sooting.
- Never burn your candle for longer than 4 hours.
- Keep it out of drafts not only to be safe, but also to allow for an even burn.
- Stop burning when only 1/2 inch wax remains, that's roughly when you can see the top of the wick clip. It's time to reuse your vessel!
We've got a whole section on Candle Safety. We always recommend you give it a really good read.