Beau Monde - 12oz Candle
Beau Monde - 12oz Candle
A dimly lit jazz club, the scent of perfume and French roses hang in the air, a trail of whispered secrets and smoldering desire. An effortlessly chic combination of perfume, French roses, amidst a curious blend of peppercorn, cumin, and patchouli.
12 oz / 320 g | 50+ hours burn time
- Our 100% plant based wax is made from sustainably sourced coconuts & USA grown soybeans with zero petroleum (paraffin) or palm oil.
- We only use fine fragrances free from phthalates and other nasties.
- Our wooden wicks are made from sustainably sourced from FSC Certified Wood in the USA.
- Vegan friendly & never tested on animals.
- Hand-poured in small batches with care and attention in Chicago, IL.
- Plastic free packaging.
Top: Pink Peppercorn, Grapefruit, Plum
Heart: French Rose, Cumin
Base: Vanilla, Patchouli, Labdanum
Crafted with a combination of synthetic & natural fine fragrance oils infused with the essential oils of Lemon, Cedarwood, Pepper Seed & Patchouli.
The Fragrance in Detail
It smells soft and perfumey. The peppercorn is there too, lightly spicy. A touch of citrus and stone fruit add intrigue.
This fragrance begins to fill a room quite quickly. The French rose is the first scent you'll notice, its soft and delicate. Next the cumin becomes more apparent, adding an earthy, spicy complexity, juxtaposed by the vanilla which adds a sweetness. The patchouli and resins complete the scent, with some musky notes that make this fragrance smell luxe and expensive.
The delicate rose and the musk from the labadum linger the longest.
We purposely design our candle fragrances to enhance your living space and not over power it.
Scent strength is of course subjective but we hope to do our best in describing what you might expect from this fragrance.
We've determined this fragrance to be MODERATE/STRONG. It is ideal for those who like a bolder fragrance, with robust fragrance notes. It may be too strong for those with scent sensitivities.
Our scent strength descriptions are based on our findings in a room comparable to an average size living room (15ft x 20ft or 300 sq feet), this scent will be stronger in smaller sized rooms, and lighter in larger rooms.
Since our candles are proudly free from harmful ingredients such as phthalates and non-sustainable ingredients such as paraffin which are used to make scent throw stronger & further. Placing your candle in a spot to take advantage of the natural airflow of your room will do this instead. Try experimenting with a few different* placements.
*be sure not to burn in a drafty areas, to ensure a soot free, controlled burn.
Shipping & Returns
All orders are packaged and handed over to our shippers within 1-3 business days of receiving your order.
We offer flat rate shipping (3-5 business days) for $5 and shipping is free for orders over $85.
Flat Rate & Free Shipping applies to FULL PRICED items only. During SALE periods Shipping is calculated at the checkout.
Plant a Tree!
Returns & Exchanges
We accept returns on items within 7 days of delivery. Return postage is at the expense of the purchaser. Shipping fees are non-returnable.
If you've any questions prior to purchasing feel free to reach out and we will be happy to help.
Of course if your product arrives damaged or defective please do reach out because we obviously really would like to fix that for you. Contact us!
To prevent fire or serious injury we encourage you to use our candles safely and responsibly and follow these common sense usage guidelines:
- leave a burning candle unattended
- burn your candle in the reach of children or pets
- burn your candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as but not limited to drapes, curtains, papers, books, bedding, blankets, decorations etc.
- burn your candle in the way of a draft, open window, fan etc
- burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time
- try to pick up candle that is burning or has recently been put out. Only move a candle once it has cooled
- use our lid to extinguish your candle flame, our lids are not designed for this purpose
- trim the wick to 1/8 inch before use to prevent flaring or an overly large flame. You can simply pinch off the black part of the wick.
- give your candle a nice clear, heat proof, uncluttered area to sit on
- extinguish the flame if it becomes to high or is repeatedly flickering. Trim the wick, check for drafts
- leave at least 4 inches between burning candles
- place your candle on a stable, heat proof surface
- keep your wax pool clear of matches, burned wick and other debris
- be sure to extinguish your candle properly and carefully after use
- wait until the flame is completely extinguished, the smoke has cleared and the candle is cool before replacing your lid
- Container may become hot during use
- Stop burning this candle when only 1/2 inch of wax remains in the vessel
- Blow gently to extinguish to avoid splattering wax, especially if you have created a large wax pool
NOTES FROM OUR FOUNDER
This candle smells like you're the type that only orders the good wine!
It's sensual and luxurious, and not as floral as you think it's going to be; closer to a sultry French perfume. We burn when we need to turn up the romance.
If this fragrance were a song it would be:
🎶...Like The Old Days by Barry Can't Swim 🎶
The intoxicating allure of soft, powdery rose lives at the heart of this fragrance. Gentle, sweet and perfumey.
A sprinkle of some feisty peppercorn and arromatic cumin gives it a lively touch!
Green and earthy patchouli brings harmonious complexity and grounds the fragrance.