Hinterland - 8oz Candle
Hinterland - 8oz Candle
Coastal woodlands unfurl like a whispered secret, a tapestry of tranquility combing notes of fresh eucalyptus and green coconut, over a creamy base of sandalwood and musk.
Net weight: 8 oz / 226 g | 35+ hours burn time
- Our 100% plant based wax is made from sustainably sourced coconuts & USA grown soybeans with zero petroleum (paraffin) or palm oil.
- We only use fine fragrances free from phthalates, mutagens, carcinogens, parabens, acute, reproductive, or organ toxins.
- Our wooden wicks are made from sustainably sourced from FSC Certified Wood in the USA.
- Vegan friendly & never tested on animals.
- Hand-poured in small batches with care and attention in Chicago, IL.
Top: Green Coconut, Neroli
Heart: Jasmine, Santal
Base: Blonde Woods, Musk
Crafted with a combination of synthetic & natural fine fragrance oils infused with the essential oils of eucalyptus.
The Fragrance in Detail
Your Home, but Better...
We purposely design our candle fragrances to enhance your living space and not over power it. Scent strength is of course subjective but we hope to do our best in describing what you might expect from this fragrance.
We've determined this fragrance to be LIGHT in our 12oz Vessel, and VERY LIGHT in our 8oz Vessel. It is ideal for those who like a noticeable but gentle fragrance, or those with scent sensitivities.
Our scent strength descriptions are based on our findings in rooms comparable to an average size living room (15ft x 20ft or 300 sq feet) with good airflow, this scent will be stronger in smaller sized rooms, and lighter in larger rooms.
Placement is Everything...
Our candles are proudly free from harmful ingredients such as phthalates and non-sustainable ingredients such as paraffin which are typically used to disperse scent further, placing your candle in a spot to take advantage of the natural airflow of your room will do this instead.
Try experimenting with a few different* spots.
*be sure not to burn in a drafty areas, to ensure a soot free, controlled burn.
To prevent fire or serious injury we encourage you to use our candles safely and responsibly and follow these common sense usage guidelines:
- leave a burning candle unattended
- burn your candle in the reach of children or pets
- burn your candle on or near anything that can catch fire such as but not limited to drapes, curtains, papers, books, bedding, blankets, decorations etc.
- burn your candle in the way of a draft, open window, fan etc
- burn your candle for longer than 4 hours at a time
- try to pick up candle that is burning or has recently been put out. Only move a candle once it has cooled
- use our lid to extinguish your candle flame, our lids are not designed for this purpose
- trim the wick to 1/8 inch before use to prevent flaring or an overly large flame. You can simply pinch off the black part of the wick.
- give your candle a nice clear, heat proof, uncluttered area to sit on
- extinguish the flame if it becomes to high or is repeatedly flickering. Trim the wick, check for drafts
- leave at least 4 inches between burning candles
- place your candle on a stable, heat proof surface
- keep your wax pool clear of matches, burned wick and other debris
- be sure to extinguish your candle properly and carefully after use
- wait until the flame is completely extinguished, the smoke has cleared and the candle is cool before replacing your lid
- Container may become hot during use
- Stop burning this candle when only 1/2 inch of wax remains in the vessel
- Blow gently to extinguish to avoid splattering wax, especially if you have created a large wax pool
NOTES FROM OUR FOUNDER
This candle smells like getting lost in tranquil coastal woods.
Every good candle company needs a flagship outdoorsy scent and after much tweaking this is ours. We love to burn this at our desks while we WFH. This is also a great scent if you're sensitive to strong smells, it fills a room but it's very delicate on the nose.
If this candle were a song it would feel like:
🎶 Abu Simbel by WhoMadeWho 🎶
The camphoraceous, woody, somewhat sweet scent of Eucalyptus gives this fragrance it's forest feeling.
Some say that coconut is the "airhead" of the fragrance world, but we disagree. The addition of freshly opened green coconut gives this fragrance a slightly sweet and creamy texture.
The delicate scent of Jasmine flowers add a touch of fresh floral, and green to the scent.
Bigger room? Try our 12 oz Candle